Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Random Day on 13th Dec 2010

Oh well, I was woken up by my mum like around 10am. And she was like saying, lets go out for lunch.

Being me, I just agreed. And there goes my day.

So, after changing, we went to take a train down to Bugis.

And my brother and mum are like complaining that they are hungry.

So we went over to Crystal Jade La Mian and Xiao Long Bao for food.

So, here's a sneak peek on the food that we ordered.
Spinach, Drunkard chicken, and Xiao Long Bao.

Colourful dumplings

Spicy minced meat with cucumber, and some wrap thingy.

I am pretty sure that the above pictures look yummy. Sure it does, but to a certain extend.
The only dish that is my favourite is still the Xiao Long Bao.

Appetizer: Drunkard chicken.

This is just normal. I believe they uses Shao Xing Chinese Wine to cook this.
The taste of it is pretty interesting. As it is slightly salty. With a little fragrance of the chinese wine. And it is a cold dish.

But I was expecting it to have an aftertaste. But it doesn't. So that's the disappointing part.

Main Dishes: Spinach, Xiao Long Bao, Colorful dumplings and the Spicy meat wrap thingy.

Spinach: This one is like any other spinach stir-fried with garlic. But I personally find it too soggy. (Is that the right word to use?) So don't really like it.

Colorful dumplings: At first, I thought that this is interesting. As under the menu description, each color is of different ingredient in making the skin. But ended up, ALL TASTE THE SAME...

Xiao Long Bao: This is just my ♥♥♥. And I am serious. The juicy soup that you are supposed to suck it. And the tender meat in it, and the skin is just at the right thickness.

Spicy minced meat, cucumber and wrap: This is a wrap it yourself type of thing. The spicy minced meat is not spicy at all. ♥ the cucumber.

Overall, I think the food is normal. Not that fantastic.
Shall I give it a 3.5 out of 5 blurps.

(Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao is located at basement one, #B1-04a of Bugis Junction.)

After our lunch at Bugis Junction. I finally know the agenda for coming out. And that is to buy stuff for my brother's enlistment. -.-'''

So I felt so cheated... As in cheated to go out... But still since I am already out, there's nothing much I could say as well.

So 1st stop after lunch, my brother will like to buy singlet.

So here we are at bugis street.

And this is what he got.And I was like -.-''' when he insisted in buying this, as this is expensive in Singapore.

But whatever, as not spending my money.

And the next stop that we all went to is the Kwan Im temple. I know that me and temple somehow doesn't link, so you should know that I am being forced to go in.

Oh well, to me, it is always interesting to look at the culture and religion of the individuals.
And my mum kept repeating that this temple is very divine. And alot of people always comes here as it will answer what you wish for. And the hong kong stars also frequent here as well.

So as usual, I just nod my head. As seriously, I am only interested in the building architecture, and the people's expression and somehow their emotions and thoughts while being there.

No photography allowed so no photos in respect to the authorities or management.

And along the streets I saw this interesting toy on the ground.


Doesn't it looks kind of cute?

Something just came into my mind, and that is how our soilders and being stabbed by the flag.
(Not going to say much as I still love this country.)

Then waited for Dad to come and drive us for an tour around Choa Chu Kang area.

And I found the place. Neo Tiew Village.
A place that I wanted to do some shoots.

Click here to view Neo Tiew Village.

The place looks really kind of eerie but perfect for shoots.
And we noticed that there's some offerings and candles that are still burning in one of the void decks.

Oh well, didn't manage to take photos as we drove past it only.

Then after all these driving, it's time for dinner. And we went to Petir Road.Oh ya, there's still 2 dishes that i didnt manage to take pictures of. (Yee Mee, Hor Fun and a yam basket.)

The food here is not nice at all.

The carrot cake is too salty. The Dim sum just doesn't taste right.
The Yee Mee and Hor Fun are a little bland. And the Yam basket is just as bad.

Damn sad when there's not much of a good food.

It's located at Petir Road, Blk 163, Choh Dee Place.
And I am only giving it a 1 out of 5 blurps.

After that, I went to meet Siddy at his place.

Waited for him to get ready before heading to NEX for a movie, Hello Stranger.

Read my review of Hello Stranger by clicking here.

After that, went to the Prata House for supper.
Yes... Supper. Seems that my life is currently all about FOOD.

I have been eating and eating. And what makes it worst is I don't exercise.
Had Maggi Goreng and Teh Tarik.

I am loving the Teh Tarik. It's just nice.

After supper, went to Hougang NTUC, and as expected, I didn't go home. I stayed over at Siddy's place.

So that describes my 13 December.

No comments:

Post a Comment