Saturday, December 18, 2010

Japanese Food: Tamako

The day before yesterday, 16 December 2010, I went to Tamako for dinner.

I have to say that this is one of the best place for food. As the food is wonderful and the tea is just perfect. The atmosphere or ambience of the place is nice and cosy. It's a feeling of going to a japanese family place for food. I simply fall in love with the place.

But of course, food is still important. But please bear with me for awhile as I will like to show you the next picture, which is the interior photo of Tamako.


The interior is nice right... The cosy little eating place with wooden tables and chairs. And japanese writings and artworks framed on the wall. How could one not fall in love with the ambience, the environment.

And now finally the main highlight of the whole thing, the FOOD.I have told you that the food looks good. And trust me, it taste even heavenly.
The Chawamushi is pretty special. As in the taste. In Singapore, I had lots of Chawamushi. But for this, the smoothest and the taste is just perfect.

The green color bean-like thingy (I think is pea) taste nice... A little salty... But that should be how it is supposed to taste. Not forgetting to mention that there's a certain sweetest after u chew onto the peas.

This got to be my favourite. The mini prawns. You are supposed to dip on the mayonnaise and eat it without peeling the shell... The taste is finger-licking even better. I believe this dish is perfect with the companion of beer or sake.

Due to me feeling hungry, I didn't manage to take a picture of my cold soba. But I have to say it is super nice. A simple dish but an extraordinary beautiful taste. The sauce of the soba just blends in well with the cold soba. And the soba actually absorbs the sauce and when you bite on it, you can feel that the sweetest of the sauce is being squeeze out from the soba into your mouth.

I have to give compliment to the tea that they served. Instead of the normal green tea that we usually have. This is roasted green tea. The fragrant of the tea is so nice, and I really do not mind drinking that tea everyday.

Oh ya, they do have like yakult float that I did not get an chance to try. But I believe that it is worth trying.

So for this, I shall give Tamako a 4.25 out of 5 blurps. You should really go there and try out their food.

Tamako is located at 128 Casuarina Road, Singapore, 579516.

They have a facebook page as well: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tamako-Meal-Pte-Ltd/179030738913?v=wall

And thank you Siddy for bringing me to such a nice restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment