Thursday, December 16, 2010

Home Team Academy: 14 Dec 10

This day marks the day of my brother, Kevin Sim's enlistment into the Singapore Police Force.

In Singapore, all well-bodied males at the age 18 will have to go through this from Boys to Men phase which is the National Service. They will be serving the nations in their respective vocations for 2 years.

National Service has been divided into many departments namely Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF), Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN), Singapore Police Force (SPF) and Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).

My brother was being allocated to the Singapore Police Force (SPF).

Hence on Tuesday, he went to the training academy (which is named as Home Team Academy, HTA) at Choa Chu Kang.
And as part of the ceremony, my parents and I are considered as guests. So here I am to talk about the walking experience for the whole journey.

I waited for the whole family at Choa Chu Kang early in the morning like around 7am. And they are LATE... *angry*

And what's next, we quene at the bus interchange waiting for the shuttle service to bring us to the HTA. But it was such a long wait. The arrangement of the shuttle services is pretty bad. And the ushers are quite clueless on what they should be doing.

After almost 30 minutes of wait, we FINALLY got into a shuttle. Nice right? Wait for so long due to the limited number of shuttle buses that they provide.

Within 10 minutes, we reached the premises of HTA. It just looks like a condominium to me. Just that we all know that it's a ground for boys turning to men. (Doesn't that sounded wrong?)

Oh well, then we had to walked this long stretch of pathway in order for us to go to the auditorium. And my brother and us parted our ways as he was supposed to go to multi purpose hall instead of the auditorium.

Finally we got to sit down. My mom as usual likes to talk nonsense. And in fact we were supposed to be guided for a tour but that didn't happen. Instead, the ushers brought us to our seats and we were sitted down.

Every thing from this point of time is quite a disaster for me at least. Why?

The videos that they are looping were bad.

Firstly, I couldn't believe I was watching crimewatch scenes in that auditorium. That makes me wonder, will my brother be watching crime watch in his lectures?

And then, their corporate video and all the random videos are really bad. Bad quality, bad framing, bad voice-overs, bad music, bad concepts. Everything is such a turn-off.
Well, if they want, they could look for RAYOFLIGHT to assist them in their videos. We will gladly to assist them with our full support and definitely videos standards will be improved tremendously.

And then, there was like awkward silence in the auditorium and stuff like that.

I swear, the event management is really bad. The programmes that they had placed is also not captivating.

Finally the big boss came and gave his speech. And there's performances. All performances were bad. Martial arts, drills, music and dance.

I couldn't be bothered anymore.

And finally the enlistees are giving their oath. And the whole auditorium burst into laughter.
(That's rude and needs some crowd control.)

Finally lunch time. But we didn't go for our lunch immediately. Instead, we went to meet my brother and finally an officer is bringing us for a tour. *Hurray, but damn tiring due to the walkings again*

Everything is so not interesting. But there's one thing that I go "WHAT..." and that is enlistees can use the washing machines provided. My time in tekong, I still need to hand-wash my clothes and now these enlistees (including my brother) can use the washing machine.. *RAHHHHH*

Oh well, time has changed. And after the boring tour, we went to the cookhouse for our lunch.
So here's our lunch, and the serving is huge. (Are they serving for pigs or what?)

The food don't taste good at all. All the best to my picky brother.

And after the not very nice lunch, we were supposed to leave already. So we say goodbye to my brother, and off we go...My brother (Kevin) and my dad.

My brother(Kevin) and mom

And finally, Home Sweet Home and the moment I reached home, I go zzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment